Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Disaster Strikes Early



I'm usually a careful optimist, but it stands to reason that on the one day I allowed my optimism to completely replace preparedness and calm determination I was going to run into some problems.  As some of you know, I am hosting a casual little shindig at my place tonight to taste a few scary recipes, something informal that I figured would fall into place easily. Oh how very wrong I was.  It seems that my dogs sensed this overconfidence and decided to mess with me.  I had just stopped home to pick up my recipes for a trip to the market when lo and behold... urine puddle on the couch!
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"  
In any event, I need to be shopping (RIGHT NOW!!!), not typing.  My loose and breezy approach to tonight's festivities has gone by the wayside and has been replaced with extreme anxiety.  I guess what I'm saying is that I would really appreciate if you could lower your expectations a bit.  You may be saying to yourself, "Adrienne, my expectations are already quite low, you realize we've met, right?"  Well, not good enough!  Get yourself to the point where you are basically expecting to either come over and get kicked in the shin (with the faint odor of urine massaging your nostrils) or see pictures of people rocking back and forth holding their shins and attempting to thinly veil their misery.   Alright,I must get back to work, it's almost party time.  
Cheers you bastards!


1 comment:

  1. I ♥HEART♥ this blog! I'm so excited to read more! What a fabulous idea for a fabulous pretty girl! Vintage Food Disasters~ I LOVE IT!
    Cheers Lady ♫

    ReplyDelete